Saturday, May 11, 2013

Darkness and light

A cataclysmic silence wraps its fingers around my throat
Daring me to breathe a teasing breath of air
Lying on the floor, seeing nothing to save my soul
Distant memories appear inside my fading mind 
A child so young yet brave for his middle age, Lies awake 
The terrors of the night force his mind to work hard
New thoughts and questions run through his tired mind 

Far away from the night is where, he finds himself
Now, lying on the cold floor, I let my mind carry me away
To places unknown .. I dream of dreams untold
I feel my chest tighten, as air is kept from me .. 
I live as survival kicks in .. I know who I am
Breathing in the bittersweet air, Tears come to my eyes
I’m alive.. Being here now in this place
I no longer fear the dark
I now have learned
The light will always prove to .. Be brighter
The dark will always run away.. And on this line 

I find .. peace

No comments: