Monday, July 16, 2012

My first

It was deep night but all bright, 
When I caught her brilliant sight.
Her gracious sharp and grave sight, 
Pierced holes deep into my heart.
Her tuft of splendid tantalizing hair, 
Invoke me to be her apposite pair.
Eyes did not listen to my word, 
Nor feet did not take my way, 
Heart did not beat at rate I opt, 
Mind did not leave her sight at least.
Again and again she often came, 
Closer to my mind than to my eyes.
Whenever I do think of her, 
Every vein in my heart does pain.
I look for her at places she is
And look for her at places she was.
I take everyone on the way for her, 
Mistake every place for that she walks.
She comes as a mirage and goes again.
With a desperate rate of thought, 
I look at her for her copious sight, 
I tire to have her everlasting laugh, 
I pray to live under her merciful heart.
I take her voice to that of the koel’s cries, 
I take her attire to that of a queen, 
I take her look to that of an angel, 
I take her manner to that of a Goddess, 
I take her compassion to that of the Mother, 
I take her thought to be my life.
I look long for the days to come, 
When I dare to say it’s my first love. 

No comments: