Friday, April 06, 2018



There is nothing to discover out of my shell for.. The world outside was full of light, there was no fear, no hate, no night,
love and life were free to all, no one could hear the darkness call,
The world outside is colder now, I feel the fear, the hateful row,

The world outside is darker now, I see it flow, I hear it's vow,
I hear no darkness, But feel much fear, in sadness I somehow shed a tear,

love is scarce, so very rare, I hear the darkness, feel it's snare,
The world outside grows darker still, I'm losing hope, I’ve no free will

The darkness grows ever stronger, I wonder if I’ll last much longer,
The world outside is black and cold, my very soul feels weak and old,
I gaze into the shadowed lake,my eyes, my hands, seem somehow fake,
The world outside has but one light, one tiny glimmer through the blight,
a fire burning deep within, I feel it's warmth throughout my skin.

No comments: