Thursday, June 07, 2012

Nameless price


When I saw you first
I didn’t need a second glance
I knew that I had stumbled across
beauty in its rarity and such a beautiful chance.
I wasn’t to know my heart could 
burst, like it did again and again
after the barrier and barricades
of the world were broken down –
Revealing true beauty
that really does exist –
in personality and connections.
Forget vainglorious bodily curves.
Forget how they can be shaken
up and down on the town.
You alone revive me, love
in your usual glow and night gown.
Forget mirrors, forget your miracle
face cream and reflections, 
please seriously forget those 
deluding morning inspections –
They crush the bed of pink roses
that grow so sweetly inside.
Don’t do that to them! 
Their beauty is pureness.
They brighten and sweeten
the garden of lives you touch.
Everyday a new fragrance
And a new shade of your lovely stories.
Just remember you are welcomed.
Basics will suffice, 
You – au natural – my dear
Now that’s a nameless price. 

No comments: