Sunday, June 03, 2012

Willows leaves

I sit alone beneath a weeping willow tree 
To ponder thoughts I keep in memory; 
The sky above is a delicate gentle blue 
As were your eyes, alight with love so true. 
I never asked that we be here forever 
Only that we stroll through this life together; 
It didn't seem too much to ask for then 
Had I to do it over I would ask the same again. 
You deserved much better than you got from life 
You knew only hardship and bitter strife; 
I pray that it wasn't altogether all my fault 
That it may ease my conscience in my thought. 
I will always hope to meet you by and by 
Amidst peace and happiness somewhere in the sky; 
If it be the will of God above 
We may dwell always in the light of love. 
As a little child cries into its pillow soft 
I hear a faint weeping coming from aloft; 
Might it be only the sound of a vagrant breeze 
Flowing sadly through the weeping willows leaves?

No comments: