Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Climbed down from that mountain

It was not so long ago 
I stood on a mountaintop, 
close to the gates of heaven. 
That I could almost reach it 
by stretching out my hand.
A sense of serenity 
seemed to surround and engulf me. 
I heard voices of old friends 
who had passed away, 
all of them calling me.
Then an angel spoke to me 
as I stood there 
with heaven not that far away. 
Nbms, it’s not your time 
yet to be called to me.
Live your life 
with love and honesty, 
continue with what you do 
and that will lead you 
to the path to what you want.
I stood in silence 
for a few minutes more. 
I climbed down from that mountain 
and my life was filled 
with peace and serenity.
Today I walk tall 
my mind is satisfied 
with my life I lead 
and all the things I do 
thanks to my God in heaven.
I start each day with a smile 
hoping it encourages others 
to do the same. 
Because I know now what awaits me 
when my life is finally through.

No comments: