Thursday, May 17, 2012

True friends

Sometimes friends think 
they’ve dragged you down, 
when it isn’t that way at all. 
As you talk to them on lonely nights, 
they light a candle in your heart to show you the way. 
That isn’t dragging you down, 
but picking you up from the place to which you fell. 
These friends mean so much to you 
that you miss them when they are not there. 
Their bond of friendship 
is like the bond of marriage 
that ties one another together 
through thick and thin. 
You feel sad when they think they’ve hurt you. 
So, I’m telling you my friends 
and the entire world to see. 
There is nothing you can do 
to ever hurt me the way you think you do. 
There is only one way 
you could ever hurt me 
and that is saying a few simple words 
like you don’t want to be 
my friend anymore.

No comments: