Monday, May 21, 2012

The Road

A deserted roadway lined, with rocks and painful thorns
I ponder as I walk, along this lonely path
The others, so carefree and light, went on without me
Their road is smooth, and held no aftermath
They speak of times of pleasure, on their perfect blissful trail
Their path is straight, and holds no twists or turns
And me, I faced the many dangers, of the wilderness
Yet on this road, mistakes are how I learned
With all the minutes that go by, my world is born anew
Every day, the dawn, awakens the sun, to the dreary sky
And it's light, from above, will always shine through
I walk the path, chosen for me, I have no need to cry 
But Id never live my life like those, whose path was dull
Like the arrow, theirs was straight and just points one way
On their road, they see ahead, what the future brings
And now, I could care less, what they have to say
For as they trod on the ground, I’m soaring on a wind
I let it take me, where it wants to go
Not held in those chains, a freedom flows within my veins
The life ahead of me, the life, I could not know
And if I chose to know, A different path is where I’d go
If the future’s what I want, A new road is where I’d jaunt
If I had not been strong, Would I have known where I belong? 
Certainly not, for you see, this road belongs to me

No comments: