Sunday, November 11, 2012

Enlightenment, At last!

Watching the streets outside, which seems 
Running into the infinity, 
I lay on my bed near the window, 
Enjoying the cold breeze wafting in, 
Fondling my wrinkles, gifted by time.
Today the street is deserted where
Once with tiny legs I learned to walk.
Later I walked with the Giants; 
Conquering everything before me
Destroying everything that resisted me.
I had, at last, an empire of mine
Which I ruled with a raised sword.
World called me Champion, 
History called me Great and to myself
I was greater than the great.
But those hands that conquered the world, 
Failed to win the battle with time, 
When my sword proved heavier for my hands, 
I had to leave that throne and crown
Now I see dust rising again, 
Drums beating, a battle again
O young men, please lend your ears, 
Its not me but the history speaking
When you fight hard to build an empire
Remember no empire has lasted forever.
I know you won’t hear me, as I didn't
But one day you will know it, as I did.
And now when my spirit is struggling 
To leave this world and its hardships, 
My destiny still whispers to me cruelly
The time is not yet… Not Yet!

No comments: