Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Unfinished .. Yet


And when some of the butterflies come fluttering

over my sweet scented jasmines in my lovely garden
i look for the sunlight from the colossal sun
and the enlightenment from the great Pan
and ask what is there left for me to do
the right solution, so i may not be also blue 
shall i hide my nectar inside my sepal
or shall i open more the colors of my petal
or shall i choose but be one brittle metal? 
a caterpillar, younger sister of the butterflies
intervenes upon a feast on one of my leaves says: 
hey you, don't be a crab? open up, spread your petals, 
go grab the fluttering wings, these are the lonely ones!

not the one without a cent in his pocket
not the one without a potato on their table

not the one who lost his house to fire
not the one who lost his parents in the war
not the one who did not finish his education
not the one without a job
the poorest of them all is the one without hope to complete

The saddest of them all is the one with a dream unfinished .. Yet

No comments: