Saturday, April 20, 2013

Promises Of Tomorrow

Seven years of waiting in a Prism of the Past As the River flows as swiftly as my Blood
I know my life won't always last But the Rose of all life Slumbers still inside its bud.
Another year passes, a few more days Yet all that surrounds me continues to Enchant my mind, So that each day I drop to my knees and Pray Of the Blessings Bestowed upon Mankind.

Days bloom into weeks with each Setting sun, And I still grin at the sign of morning's Dawn In an attempt to Forget everything and everyone Who can't see the Ecstasy that floats across each lawn.
For the world is filled with Sadness and Gloom Where Everything is gone but their own sorrow, So they are Blinded from the rose soon to bloom And the millions of promises of tomorrow.

Why does the world shun the Needy And cast off those Downtrodden with guilt?
How can they possibly be so Greedy To contribute to the Selfishness that's long-since been built?
Do they not see each new day that the world remains Healthy in tact Or do they Focus not only on their Doom?
Unaware they can Change all back To the rose that still waits yet to bloom.
Upon these Realizations I wish and yearn As my Desire grows within my heart's core
For all to Overlook their Troubles and learn That the World can still be restored once more.
Don't give up Faith and Pray for a chance To Prevent the world from sealing our doom As we all look about with a jovial glance When our rosebud finally turns to bloom.

The chance remains Probable and true To Understand the Blessings from the sky That our Lord sent down and knew Of the Miracles we could perform, if only we try.
So open your eyes and Embrace the Lord, Focus on all Good, and not the sorrow For to always work God's will, none will ever grow bored Because each day Promises a New Tomorrow.

When God gave us Life we received a Choice To bask in the wrong or to rejoice To work and do Right or Perform all the wrong But eventually the time will come along Where all will have to eventually move on And Pray at night and Bless the dawn Since life is full of more blessings
Than all the world could understand.

No comments: