Saturday, April 20, 2013

Why do I miss you?

Once, long ago my father told me
That you can't miss something you never had.
I had told you wrong,
But you pursued on saying I was a fool.
You left me
To face the world alone.
And I went on, living off my tears
And breathing my sobs, but I was too stubborn to realize the truth in front of me..
I missed the feel of your lips on mine
Although you never kissed me
I missed the sound of your snores when you feel asleep
But I have never seen you asleep
I missed it when you wiped away my tears
Yet you have never comforted me
I missed feeling weightless when you swept me off my feet
Even though we never once embraced.
Now it's flashing over me again
That i can't miss something i never had
But ever since you've been gone
I've realized the truth:
I missed the love that we shared
Even though it didn't exist...
And that's the truth.
So why do I feel like I've had it all along?
You can't miss something you never had
Then why do I miss you?

No comments: