Thursday, April 04, 2013

Rain

In this land of little rain, 
Suddenly there comes a shower, 
a burst of rain so fast and hard, 
it makes timid ones to cower.
Thank you Lord for this great rain, 
we know its mighty power.
I run out into the rain, 
and turn my face up to the sky
it's rare to see this sight, 
it causes my soul to fly.
And I know again the truth, 
of the great Lord up on high.
In this dry and arid land, 
an angel sheds a tear, 
a dropp of rain has fallen, 
though the day is blue and clear; 
it's just a trace they say, 
but rain's likely and getting near.
Out here, the rain evaporates, 
before it hits the ground, 
no humidity in the air, 
and we are left with frowns; 
I hear thunder in the distance, 
maybe we'll get some (rain) 
the next time 'round.
On the horizon, 
there's a rainbow, 
the rain has fallen there; 
and we wonder if it'll
ever come, 
or will we ever care? 
It's up there, 
it's for certain, 
soon...we'll get our share

No comments: