Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Talking to my heart



As I sit in the cool of the evening. Enjoying the evening breeze, my mind races back through a thousand years. Yesterday I try to recall. Lost in the sands of time. Tracing things that could have been, should have been, would have been, but was not. Never will be. Now I must face the reality before me. I must speak to my heart, as a father gently guiding his child. The truth must be told. 
In this journey, we cannot have 
everything we want. Sometimes we want 
in vain. We must except what is given 
us, and move forward.
Sometimes it is painful for a heart to
remain open. You are inviting many
strangers to take up residence. Occupy
space not intended for them.
The time has come for you to look away, 
close your door for the winter season
is approaching. Soon the skies will
become cloudy and gray. A Chill will
fill the air. The day becomes misty.
Lock your door tightly now, toss the
key into the bottom of the ocean. Wrap
up in a warm cozy blanket of protection.
Go to sleep, sleep well my baby, my woman, my mommy
Spring will arrive soon. 


No comments: