Friday, March 22, 2013

Set me free

What is a word for sorrow, that joy cannot erase? 
What is the look of sadness, one sees upon a face? 
There's such a thing as lonesome, that eyes can never show, 
There's another word for empty, what it is, I do not know.
If I knew it, I would tell you, you'd be the first to hear...
If I knew the words to mend your heartache, I'd yell them in your ear! 
I feel I cannot stem your tears, 
or to fill your heart with glee, 
If I knew what constituted happiness, 
It would cure your ills, as well as me.
I carry the weight, the feeling of gloom; 
In my suffering mind, i 'n my tortured head...
Wondering if I'd be better off, six feet below and dead.
The words I want to hear, I'll never hear from you-
What I want to hear, can only come from me, 
The words do not exist, they're burred in the void, 
Only I can break the seal, Only i can set me free.

No comments: