Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Good morning

Upon waking this morning, before I can get out of bed,
I among others, another day I sorely dread.
My first thought even surprised me you see,
for not only for myself, but for you also I would plead.
I pray that God will not only grant me blessings from above,
but that he will also grant them for those that I love.
So humbly and softly I begin to pray,
not really sure just what to say,
But for all those that I love and adore,
I must cry out, before my feet even touch the floor.
Lord I ask that you will bless us this day,
please bless all in a great and mighty way.
Lord I ask that all of those of whom I know and love,
be filled this day with blessings from above.
Let sadness be turned into gladness,
let the poor become rich, let clothes be mended with only a stitch.
Let the heavy hearted begin to sing for joy,
just as a child when he opens a new toy.
Dear Lord let the tears be turned into laughter,
let mothers read to children the happily ever afters.
Let empty cupboards be filled, let the sick be healed,
please Lord answer my prayer, for on my knees I have knee led.
Let the sinner receive forgiveness, let the lost be found,
let bondage's and strongholds begin to break down.
May the joy of the Lord reign in our lives,
and may those who are blind, now open their eyes.
Let the children safely run, jump, and play,
and may the adults in unity begin to pray.
Let the birds begin to sing, as they watch the works of the king,
Lord pour out your blessings today upon everything.
Upon every step taken, upon every word spoken,
upon every cake baking, upon every heart that's broken.
And let the testimonies of today brighten,
and to the lost may they enlighten.
and last but not at all in the least,
this final request I make of you please,
to lay your protective hand upon each shoulder,
and allow the old to become even older.
With the world as it is we could all use a break,
so this morning Lord, this approach I humbly take.
Bless us Lord I humbly pray,
bless us all with the most beautiful day.

No comments: