Friday, July 14, 2017

The ashes of my mind

There's nothing to see here, The streets are all clear, Nothing but fear, If only you could be near, I return to those few yesteryear, To think of what I must held dear,
And here is another dead end, another closed door, no way in, and nothing to explore, There's nothing inside me any more, I'm not what it is you are looking for... There is nothing left here.
Nothing lives here any more, just apathy, I feel no joy like before, nor sympathy, No music echoes to write my symphony, The streets are all .... empty.
I.. 

Gotta squash the fear
Gotta make it clear
Gotta dream a way

Today... Is the sound of emptiness, and I'm alone in the darkness, there's nothing inside, I just wanna close my eyes and hide, Pretend I'm not crying and dying inside.
No wonder my thought bring nothing but rain, And no wonder I gave all my world nothing but pain, I've got nothing inside of me left to share
There's nothing left in there, I lost the best of me behind, The flame that had once burned so bright, today became the ashes of my mind.