Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sea waves,

I left my heart lying like the shell in the sand and then ... I pressed the shell close to my ear just to listened well and straightway like a bell, came low and clear
The slow sad growl of the distant seas whipped by an icy breeze upon a shore... Wind.. swept and desolate.
It was a sunless strand that never bore the footprint of a barbarian man, nor felt the weight since time began... Of any human quality or stir, save what the dreary winds and waves incur.
And in the hush of waters was the sound, the sound of pebbles rolling round, for ever rolling with a hollow sound.
And their long, cold tentacles of slimy gray... There was no day, nor ever came a night... Setting the stars alight
To wonder at the moon.... Was twilight only and the frightened croon, smitten to whimpers, of the dreary wind, and waves that journeyed blind.... then I loosed my ear ... O, it was sweet... To hear a sound down that silence street when
I left my heart lying like the shell in the sand.