Monday, February 25, 2013

The Media


I stare at the television news....
Assaulted by violence
Stunned by the inhumanity of a Godless society.
I listen to the radio....
Embarrassed by ads that tout promiscuous pleasures
Outraged by the thinly disguised, decadent discourses of the shock jocks.
I read the newspapers and magazines....
Cuckolded by corporate America
A loser in the games politicians play
Violated, shamed, cheated, and betrayed I try to turn it all off
But like a bitter pill, the distasteful images linger
Nor can I go along with eyes shut and ears muffled
Living (or not) in a padded room of my own making
I cannot function without information
Though my senses are wounded by the brutality of the media.
I crave thoughts that might ease my distress....
Like a mother’s soft whispers to her crying baby
Like the beauty that shines from faces that know love.
I don’t want the reality that the media rapes me with
I want the reality that God promises in his Word! 

 You believe everything you’re told;
None of your thoughts are actually your own.
Your imagination has become decayed,
as the beast leaves you in disarray.
Good friend, I hate to break it to you,
but you’ve become a simple tomfool.
You mindlessly follow the pack
with others who don’t have your back. 
Media leads us to see beyond utopia
but its not more than illusion and hysteria
their sentences are nothing more than lies
but why do we keep buying their lines?
is it because we keep running away from the truth and losing our belief ?
or we just want to find the comfort in pain to make us feel relieved

No comments: