Saturday, July 23, 2016

Meeting with my father

A father's voice directs me, It soothes me and it's kind,
My trusted voice of reason, to cultivate my mind,
Close my eyes and hear him, He whispers in my ear,
That gives me all the confidence to chase off any fear,
Remember all he's taught me, It's easy if I try,
If no longer with us, his wisdom will never die,
I can't imagine loose my dad... is tragic, He didn't want to part,
So I always keep his wisdom, Alive within my heart,
The world I decided to travel is somehow new to me but I see it a crown,
I have to carry on, he lives on in my memories, And always praise him every dawn,
So as I wake each morning think of what he'd say,
Remember how he loved me to live my life that way,
He'll always be here with me for his thoughts within my heart,
Praise him in my memory even we'll through my journey.. be apart.