Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Not Here, Not Now

You come to me and go away like waves
You change moods like seasons change weather
Sometimes you act hard like a rock
Sometimes as light, soft, and nice as a feather 
With you it's on and off like light 
While I stay strong with great defense and might 
But I don't think I'll win the fight
My inconsolable heart can't take anymore
You're putting me down
All the way to the floor 
Just like the ocean will never run out of water 
Just like the sky won't ever change to another color 
I don't want to run out of your love 
Like peanut butter and jelly, I want us to be together 
You and me
Me and you
Always and forever...
I said hello 
But I don't want to say goodbye 
Not here, not now, not today
Not for a senseless reason
Not this way

No comments: