Friday, December 02, 2011

Your Hand



I haven't forgotten; That I am just one person,
That I am but one voice; Attempting to stand out From the crowd.
I remember, That I have fallen, A midst the laughter
That surrounds me, and that sometimes, It gets too loud.
I know, That I can't sit here, And expect my silence To evoke change Without reason.
I can see, That I don't know everything, That I can't expect
My hand to be held Always.
I can feel That time is slipping, By me, that it Will be gone if I just Stand still.
I have heard, That there are a million, Other voices that sound
Like mine, that want also To be heard.

I've been told, That it's not enough to, Wish for dreams, that I
Have to work them, Into reality.
I know that I don't know, All that I think I know. I know I won't see all of The places I wish to go. 
I know I'm not ready For all that the world demands,
You don't have to always hold me, Just let me see your hands.

I know; That there's a lot, That I won't understand, That you don't have all Of the answers.
I haven't forgotten, That I have to grow up And someday live without Your voice, your opinion Making my own decisions.
I know that I don't know All that I think I know.
I know that I may not see all Of the places I want to someday go. 
I know I'm not ready for everything That I won't always understand You don't have to always hold me
But sometimes. . .Just let me touch your
Hand.

No comments: