Saturday, December 17, 2011

The One Who Got Away

My heart literally hurts
My chest is in pain
Life without you
Will never be the same
I can’t blame you
Because I did you wrong too
But now that it’s officially over
I don’t know what to do
We started out as friends
As I denied my feelings
You came to me
You wanted more, with more meaning
I did but I was scared
When you tried to be there, I left
I thought you were better than me
The best man I ever met
As time went on
I regretted my actions
Got caught up in my insecurities
They stopped me from acting
I couldn’t believe you chose me
When I knew you deserve better
So I carried on,
As if I never met you
I finally got the nerve
To look you in the eye
Such a beautiful man you are
It shook me inside
I tried to mend what I tore
But the damage was done
I came back too late
You found someone
I’ll never forget your smile
I’ll never forget your kiss
But your presence in my life
Will forever be missed

No comments: