Thursday, April 05, 2012

Hills stand together

There is a place i see
When i close my eyes
Where the rivers run free
As they race the summer skies
I see hills that stand together
Around corn stalks in the field
While children play 
Their children games
That only peace can yield
At night i see the many stars
That are grander than the sea
I hear songs of wind and tree
That are whispered in melody
And in this dream i see a path
That i always seem to walk
Where i can open up my thoughts
Give my mind its chance to talk
And every now and then
I find a thirsty soul to feed
Where from my woman's hand
She takes life's water free
As i turn to my side
To see if you are there
I am comforted by the thought
That this life you chose to share
But as the night returns to day
And the sun begins to rise
I am stolen from my dream
Back to a land of sad reprise

No comments: