Monday, April 16, 2012

Pain .. dreams


Sometimes I imagine that I’ve strode away from my dreams too soon
At night I can’t sleep
Evoking the memory defeated dreams of you and me
My heart and all I am inside wants to give again
Another chance to you and I and then memories begin
Suddenly I hear a thunder loud enough to raise the dead
All I want is to erase you forever, from my head
The rain begins but my logic is clear
Ignore the little demon chanting in my ear
But I can’t ignore part of all I am
The pain is more than I can withstand
Now paindrops are falling to my knees, from my eyes
Agony crawling, above a sea as I sigh
All you’ve done feels vicious and cruel
So how can I imagine sailing back to you
If I suggest another stab at my plans and dreams
You’ll take it literally and you won’t kill me gently
Begin the slow turning of your knife in my side
I already feel it burning jagged edges, as you pry
Your smiles of the past felonious to all I need
I must finish this at last but tomorrow we’ll see

No comments: