Thursday, April 12, 2012

When Pain, melting in the scene


Sometimes,
Everything seems to go wrong
Everything seems so depressing
It can go on for quite long,
Until we stop to count our blessings
I had fractured my shoulder
the pain was sharp
My mood got quite deep, quite down,
But then just outside my garden...
I was sitting there quietly
Looking at the South China Sea
The sun made it look bright
Bright brown in front,
'cause of sand thrown up by the waves
Hues of bright green to blue behind
With spots that were really dark,
The shadows of a few scanty clouds
All this seen through a frame of white sand below,
A blue sky above and in perspective,
fresh green branches of trees at the sides
How could I be sad for much longer
With such images in front of me?
One of the clouds moved in front of the sun
And a slight breeze came along
To give a refreshing cool to my cheeks
And blow away the moist that had formed on my forehead.
While the ever-changing shadows of the clouds
Continued to colour the sea in ever changing patterns
Two small birds started to argue with their lovely voices
And were flying through and fro.
The breeze got a bit stronger
and made the coconut leaves do their typical dance
The music of the waves was enriched
by the sound of the rustling leaves
I removed a few dry casuarinas leaves
that just had fallen on my cahier
From the parent tree
swaying softly in the wind
The amazing beauty of the scene had me dreamy, when...
My beautiful wife brought me two of my favourite doughnuts
With a cup of steaming hot coffee.
The pain of the fracture seemed to have become so small ..

No comments: