Monday, March 14, 2016

Let’s talk

Let’s talk, let’s open our hearts out to each other and talk
You may laugh at this plea, at this suggestion you may balk
You might scoff and tell me, “You’ve gone mad today.”
But reflect a bit and you will find many things to say
Come on, and let us bare our sorrows to each other
So that we can feel lighter and be not in a spot of bother
Good or bad, let us talk about our dealings with life
It’s much better to be open than be cut up by tension’s knife
I don’t care whether you are friend or enemy, or what’s your background
In the vortex of worldly relationships and people’s moods, I’m not bound
For each other, we are just voluble speakers and patient, well-meaning listeners
We can remove the burden of sorrow, or else our hearts will ache even worse
You and I will discuss many things, and give each other advice
Maybe we can do all the talking-listening over drinks and fried rice
Who knows, maybe we will become bosom friends
And in the future, this relationship will pay rich dividends
You may want to praise me, scold me, abuse me, tell me I’m bad
I wouldn’t get angry, or get into a brawl with you, or feel sad
It’s better to take out all the misunderstandings and ill-feelings in the heart
Maybe it will help us understand each other better, instead of driving us apart
Maybe you do not know, but it is extensively proven by history’s pages
Due to lack of communication, wars and fights have occurred for ages
Even in this day and age, battles and more battles are still being fought
As all attempts by warring parties to talk to each other have come to nought
Let’s talk, let’s open our hearts out to each other and talk
It’s better to be garrulous, rather than be silent as a rock
When you will open up and say things, a dime a dozen
You will then enjoy life and keep considering this world as heaven

No comments: