Thursday, October 19, 2017

World I couldn't change.

I've walked a line that no one else could, far from the eyes that watch all we do, to find tranquility in this fake world, far from the life where we weren't bold.
I've walked alone on this old misty road, far from my hopes and the dreams that you've sold, to find a place that I can call it home, Far from the lies that you have been told.
I've walked for miles on this old road, far from the hate and the fighting of old, just to find a dream that I pray to keep, far from the bed that once left so cold.
I've walked for days just searching for me, far from the smiles and those tears cried in vain, to find a heart that I can trade for mine, far from your words and the grip of my pain.
I've walked this life on the beat of my heart, far from the secrets and horrors I've seen, to find a moment of peace in the light, far from the darkness of all that has been.
I've walked this way to the end of my days, far from the people that think my soul strange, to find a way back to where hope was lost, far from the thoughts of a world I couldn't change