Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Wish I Wasn't Alone


Once when I was little

I was happy and carefree

I used to run around laughing

Until it was time for tea


I used to play games

And smile all the time

I used to feel on top of the world

I used to feel fine


It's amazing how things change

When people let you down

And how that once happy face

Turns into a solemn frown


You search and search

For someone who cares

Anyone who understands

Anyone who dares


Loneliness, it hurts

It kills you deep inside

It makes you feel empty

It stops you in your stride


You cry yourself to sleep

Hugging your pillow tight

Wishing for someone

To hold you through the night


Once when I was little

I was happy and carefree

Now my life's full of sadness,

Pain and misery


Once when I was little

I was never on my own

But now I pray at night

''I wish I wasn't alone''

No comments: