Monday, November 28, 2011

Echo In The Wind

We were once the youngest of toddlers
Playing recklessly without concern 
But how the tides have changed
What I had is now what I yearn
We were the best of friends
I loved her to no end
But as the days passed by 
It was getting harder and harder to pretend

The truth was I was in love
With the plaid girl next door
Our friendship was unique
But it grew to be much more
We dated for a few
It was the happiest years of my life
We gave everything to each other
And he even asked for me to be her 
husband
You see, it was everything I wanted
But she was meant for so much more 
I wanted her all to myself
But she had so much more to explore
She was a special Woman
She stood out from all the rest
She was so selfless at times
And that’s why she was truly the best

This woman had a destiny to fulfill
And I was only standing in her way
She said he would do anything for me
But I couldn’t possibly ask her to stay
The day came when she left my side
It was a cold and gloomy night
I still remember that day so clearly
I held onto her with all my might

It was the last I’ve ever saw of her
The last study of her face
But it doesn’t really matter because the
Memories is not something I can erase
My heart bruises easily
As I sit alone late at night
But I often reassure myself
Because I know that I’ll be alright 

Nothing has really changed
Nothing that I can see
Even though she’s not here right now
I still feel her presence next to me
The story of our love
Is an endless story never to be lost
I don’t know if I will ever see her again
But I always keep my fingers crossed

My heart is slowly adjusting
To continue life without that charmer
But I know that I will not be in this alone because
She will always be my knight in shining armor

No comments: