Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Journey

One day I took a walk with my father and daughter. 
My father had just turned 70 and I myself turned 27, my daughter was in her first year of life. 
We were all born in the same month all within eight days of each other. 
I got to thinking of life and how right here stood two men and a daughter all on life's journey but at different stages. 
First you have a young girl starting life's journey, with hungry eyes and eager to learn, with a whole life not yet lived, hopes and dreams not yet discovered. Then you have a young to middle aged man who is in the middle of life's journey with desperate eyes and fighting hard to make his hopes and dreams a reality, the past put aside and the future almost in his grasp. 
Finally you have the older man at the end of life's journey, with tired eyes and a humble sprit, a wealth of knowledge of a hard life lived and trying to adjust, because his body can't hold up the way it used to. 
Remembering the fight and how he faired with dreams fulfilled but not yet wanting to give up and so he makes room for more. 
Three human bound by life, love, and the same family name. 
My Father, my daughter, and I.

No comments: