Saturday, November 05, 2011

The Whispering Winds



Like the wind whispering through the trees, Your spirit lifts me, Teaching me valuable lessons.
I wait patiently to grow in the light of your eyes, Seeking approval, knowing
There's comfort in your silent embrace,
And I listen carefully to what it offers. I feel the joy in your laughter and trusting eyes
And learn to give of myself, for no judgment is passed.
When sadness fills my heart with disappointment, And I need protection from the storm, It is only then I realize the depth of friendship, Sewn together with unbreakable thread.
I understand that the fabric only gets better with age, That it should be handled with care. And sometimes it has to rain. I have discovered my own knowledge by lessons learned while discovering yours. Like a beautiful sky after the storm
Your courage to break free of the clouds, Still amazes me.
I close my eyes to feel the warmth of the sun, Such a precious gift you've given
Appreciating the gentleness and I sigh with thankfulness. Recognizing my fortune.
A sisterly bond that knows only. .. . Love that is unconditional. Nurturing with grace and acceptance
How lucky i am to share a piece of my life with a soul that so perfectly fits mine.
A puzzle with missing pieces. Yet complete with your friendship
How sad for those who are still searching. My blessings are abundant
And I thank God for the whispering winds, For they remind me everyday. To celebrate the gift of our friendship and to hold it close, To never let it go.

No comments: